Today’s pharmaceutical industry challenges demand changes in business cultures.
These business cultures evolved during an era of blockbuster drugs in which cost control – especially on the indirect side of spending – was not a major priority. Pharma companies now face:
- Diminishing marginal returns and value from new research and drug innovation.
- Huge pressures on margins with tightening public health policies and rising costs in other areas of healthcare.
- Economic-value based commercialization and epidemiological pressures shifting focus toward preventive treatments while arresting disease progression to save overall healthcare costs and increase patients’ quality of life.
How We Can Help
Whether your business strategy is to compete through scientific or consumer-side excellence, our suite of procurement solutions can help procurement to reinvent its corporate role.
By supporting speed-to-market and ensuring high-performance and innovative channel partners, procurement teams have plenty of opportunities for contributing to future success among pharmaceutical companies. Zycus’ procurement solutions can be used to automate high volumes of operational and analytical functions, to drive better decision making and to forge more innovative and profitable partnerships with suppliers and service organizations worldwide
- Use our artificial-intelligence powered SPEND ANALYSIS solution to create up-to-date, granular visibility into all categories of spending worldwide and to manage spending in context of global commodity market-price movements.
- Use STRATEGIC SOURCING to dramatically accelerate complex sourcing and supply network design initiatives. The solution facilitates extensive cross-functional, cross-regional collaboration across all sourcing stages (from requirements definition through reward) and can handle entire spectrum from simple categories to sourcing initiatives comprising tens of thousands of line items.
- Use CONTRACT MANAGEMENT to rapidly build, negotiate and execute creative contracts, containing all necessary terms related to safety regulation, policy compliance and risk avoidance. Effectively manage dynamic pricing and location terms across complete contract lifecycles.
- Use SUPPLIER MANAGEMENT to expand and accelerate supplier discovery and on boarding and to manage critical supplier audit, certification and safety credentials. Model custom KPIs and KPI-weighting systems to optimize ongoing supply-risk assessment & mitigation and supplier performance management & development activities consistently and systematically across multiple geographies.
- Use FINANCIAL SAVINGS MANAGEMENT to align procurement with both bottom- and top-line business performance objectives and to document and demonstrate how sourcing, procurement and supply management is helping the enterprise to win the great innovation race currently underway in global energy markets.
- Use PROCURE-TO-PAY to streamline and speed up requisition and purchase order workflows, free internal talent to focus on supporting key innovation initiatives and to monitor and drive compliance to preferred supplier contracts, terms and conditions